Brew The Perfect Iced Tea
I am continuously caught off guard when warmer weather comes so here is a little reminder for you that backyard patio drinks are here and it is time to stock up for the next heat wave.
We have 4 teas we love to brew up , pour over ice and enjoy while soaking up the sun knowing they are calorie free and full of healthy herbs. Did you know there are more than one way to brew up an iced tea. Heres how;
- Steep 4 tsp in ½ cup water
- Sweeten while hot (optional)
- Pour over ice
- Garnish with citrus slice or fresh mint
- Use 2 tsp of tea per cup of water
- Place in the fridge to steep 4+ hours
(I like to use a mason jar and then strain into cup after)
- Cold steep before you go to bed and its ready in the morning!
- For larger quantities (cold brew), use 1.5 tbsp. of tea per liter of water
- To make Simple Syrup for sweetener, use 1 cup sugar/ 1 cup water and heat in a pan until sugar dissolves and let cool.
- Make a cocktail by following the hot steep method, shake over ice and add 2 oz of your favorite spirit.
- Try freezing popsicles for kids!